Mental health is just as important as physical health, and it’s something that we should all be talking about. That’s why we’re so glad that Mental Health Awareness Week is here. This week is a chance for us to raise awareness about mental health issues and to start a conversation about how we can all improve our mental well-being in the workplace and at home.
Some of us have struggled with mental health for a long time. From anxiety and depression, to even suicidal thoughts. But we’re here to tell you that it’s possible to get better. With the right support, you can overcome your mental health challenges and live a happy, healthy life.
If you’re struggling with your mental health, please know that you’re not alone. There are people who care about you and want to help. There are also many resources available to you in the UK, such as therapy, medication, and support groups.
Everyone who works for Payments Pro, contractors included, gets free access to our benefits platform which included mental health support. This includes a self help support library, a wellbeing check and a 24-hour support line where you can speak with a counsellor.
Please don’t be afraid to reach out for help. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself.
Here are some things you can do to improve your mental health in the UK:
- Talk to someone you trust about how you’re feeling.
- Get regular exercise.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Get enough sleep.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Practice relaxation techniques, such as yoga or meditation.
- Set realistic goals for yourself.
- Take care of yourself physically and emotionally.
If you’re struggling to cope with your mental health, please reach out for professional help. There are many resources available to you in the UK, and you don’t have to go through this alone.
Here are some resources that can help in the UK:
- Samaritans: 116 123
- NHS 111: 111
- Mind: 0300 123 3393
- Rethink Mental Illness: 0808 801 0300
- Young Minds: 0808 802 5544
Remember, you are not alone. There is help available, and you can get better.
Here are some additional resources that can help in the UK:
- The Mental Health Foundation: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy: https://www.bacp.co.uk/
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists: https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE): https://www.nice.org.uk/
I hope this article has helped to raise awareness about mental health in the UK. If you’re struggling with your mental health, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. There are people who care about you and want to help you get better.